- Select a size. Have a look at the Prices page to see what size you would like your portrait to be and any other additional elements you would like included.
- Contact me by telephone or email to discuss your requirements and any queries you might have. I will provide my full contact details at this time. Please ensure I have your name and full contact details if using email.
Or on my mobile between 10am -7.30pm, Monday to Saturday:
- Pay Deposit. You can then secure your order by sending a cheque for a non-refundable deposit of £20. Alternately, if you have contacted me by e-mail, I can invoice you via PayPal for quick and secure online payment.
- Send reference photos. At this time you can also send or email your chosen photographs. Please refer to the Photo Guide for advice on what sort of pictures will make a good portrait. It is advised that you send copies of treasured photos in case of their loss in the post. All photos provided will be returned along with your finished portrait. If your photograph has been professionally taken please endeavour to seek permission from the photographer before commissioning a pet portrait as copyright issues are rare, but not unknown.
- Confirm completion date. When I have received your deposit, and confirmed with you that the photographs are suitable, I will give you an estimated completion date. On average I allow up to 8 weeks for a portrait to be completed. If you have a specific occasion or deadline however, I may be able to prioritise my work in order to meet this. Christmas is often a busy time so please allow for this when contemplating an order.
- Final approval. When nearing completion I can send a small image, by post or email as you prefer, of the portrait for your approval. I up-date the On the Easel page with portraits as I do them so you can often see your portrait taking shape. At this penultimate stage, small tweaks and adjustments can be accommodated, although people often prefer the surprise of seeing their portrait totally finished for that special, final reveal. Many of my portraits are commissioned as a gift and my clients can request that they remain secret until finished. If you would prefer that your portrait stay off the easel please inform me at the time of ordering.
- Final payment. Once the portrait is approved you can then send a cheque for the remaining amount. Or, again, I can send a PayPal invoice via e-mail. On receipt of the outstanding balance I will send you your Paragon Pet Portrait ready for framing and any photos that I have been sent.
- Please note that I retain the right to reproduce any portrait I complete, for the purposes of promotion and advertising Paragon Pet Portraits. I will not reproduce your portrait for any other purpose.
Please refer to Prices for further details.